Listeria spp. are widespread in the environment and have been isolated from many different foods and animals. In severe cases, it can cause septicemia, meningitis, encephalitis and, in pregnant women, intrauterine infections that may lead to spontaneous abortion or stillbirth. With this kit, Listeria spp. are quickly and accurately identified so that proper, fast treatment for the patient may follow.
- Fast: Accurate identifications in as little as four hours
- Simple: No prior subculturing on blood agar, no CAMP test and no developing reagents required
- Easy-to-Read and Interpret: Distinct color changes and settling pattern are read visually and interpreted easily using the Microbact Identification Package (MB1244A)
- Comprehensive: Allows the definitive identification of all Listeria spp., including L. monocytogenes and L. innocua.
- Flexible: Ideal for use with chromogenic or selective media, in clinical or food laboratory settings
- Reliable: Substrates include all those recommended in recognized international standard methods, including FDA BAM and ISO
Additional items required: Microbact Software Program (MB1244A), Haemolysin Reagent (MB1249A).